Clean Spring Cleaning
Are the products you use to do your spring cleaning…clean?
Many products have toxic chemicals that can be harmful to your family, your pets, and the environment. These chemicals can irritate the throat, eyes, lungs, trigger headaches, irritate the skin and can affect the body in many ways.
Common Cleaning Ingredients to Avoid
- 1,4 Dioxane is common in laundry detergents. This is a suspected human carcinogen. Carcinogens are agents that have the capacity to cause cancer.
- Sodium Borate a.k.a. Boric acid is known to disrupt the hormone system
- Quaternary Ammonium and Benzalkonium Chloride is commonly found in antibacterial spray cleaners and fabric softeners can cause asthma
Visit https://www.ewg.org/guides/cleaners/ for more information on how to decode labels of cleaning products and search product safety scores!
Easy Natural Switches You Can Make This Spring!
- Lemons – Sprinkle Salt on a used lemon and use to scrub your sink as a powerful sink cleaner! You can also place a used lemon on your top dish washer rack. The citric acid in the lemons will leave your dishes sparkling!
- Essential Oil Room Spray – Drop 20 drops of your favorite essential oil into your glass spray bottle, then fill the glass halfway with distilled water and the other half with witch hazel. Shake and do a test spray to see if you want a stronger scent. You can also add a sprig of lavender, rosemary or dried flowers if you want! Spray to freshen up curtains, sheets, or pet areas. Feel free to contact our office about safe essential oils!
- Baking Soda Kitchen Cleaner – Mix 4 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 quart of warm water to clean appliances, inside your fridge and kitchen counters. You can also pour baking soda down your drain to remove odors.
- doTerra On Guard Laundry Detergent – We’ve been loving this safe laundry detergent that is free from synthetic fragrances, dyes and toxins! It is also an ultraconcentrated formula so a little goes a long way! Reach out to us to learn more about other doTerra products!
We’re excited to start spring off ‘cleanly’ with you!